The Vortex Insect Trap
How Does It Work?
The Simple Explanation
The Vortex Insect Trap comprises four key elements, all working together:
- A Vortex container
- A self-levelling gimballed stand
- A whirlpool of water
- A UV light – New technology which is customed designed lighting for maximum attraction.
Insects pests naturally attracted to luminance are drawn to the trap’s light. The insects are pulled down into the vortex created by the whirling water, they drown and are then swept into the bin below. The trap and the water flow have been specifically engineered so the insects cannot escape. The dead insects can then be removed from the trap at appropriate intervals. The trap covers 5 hectares on multiple situations.
The trap is powered either by 12V or by solar.
Of course, this simple explanation belies the engineering skill, technical expertise and extensive research behind the product.
Vortex Assembly Setup Manual 240V Document
Vortex Assembly Setup Manual 240V
In general terms, using a Vortex Insect Trap reduced insect pest populations in five ways:
- It attracts and eradicates destructive insect pests in the area.
- Over time it breaks the breeding cycle of insect pest populations in the area.
- It has negligible or no effect on beneficial insect populations.
- The reduction in destructive insect populations and the subsequent reduction in insecticide use often contributes to a regeneration of the local environment.
- The reduction in the use of insecticides slows the insect pests’ increased resistance to chemicals.
The best results are achieved when Vortex is used 365 days of the year.
Scientific explanations and results
For more information on the scientific validity of the Vortex Insect Trap click below.
We would love to answer any question or schedule a meeting. Please feel free to call us at one of our offices on the left or send us an email using the form below.